Easy 5-Step Gingersnap Lollipops – Recipe
- 1 6lb Bag of Precooked Meatballs
- 1 12oz Can of Gravy
- 1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Jar of Almond Rind Currants
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 Tsp of Jamaican Allspice (Optional)
- Ginger Root (Optional)
- Orange Rinds (Optional)
- 1 Box of Gingersnaps
- Lollipop Sticks
- In a large sauté pan combine the following:
- 1 Can of Gravy
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups of Crushed Gingersnaps
- 1 Jar of Almond and Orange Rind w/ Currants
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of Ginger
- 1 Tsp of Jamaican Allspice
- Once the Gravy comes to a boil, add the meatballs
- After the meatballs reach temperature, allow them to rest for 1 minute
- Once they have rested for 1 minute, Add the lollipop sticks to the meatballs. (Some liquid may be lost, this is normal. If you allowed the meat to rest, the juice loss will be minimal).
- Coat the gravy covered meatballs in more crushed Gingersnaps
This is a fun and easy recipe that’s fun to make, fun to eat, and will be a hit at your next BBQ!
Finally, a quick, and easy recipe that the entire family will love. The beauty in this dish is that many of the essentials are pre-made for you. Purchase your favorite gravy and meatballs from your market of choice and you are already halfway there. In a pot or large pan, combine your ingredients together to form a sort of stew, then heat it until boiling. Once boiling add in your meatballs. Allow them to heat thoroughly, then remove them from heat and let sit 1 minute. Once they have rested, add the sticks and coat the pops in more crushed gingersnaps. Take a bite and enjoy!
This is a hip, and trendy take on an old southern classic, but don’t be afraid to mix it up a little and make it your own. Some of the ingredients I listed above are optional and are what I use to make my favorite flavors pop. Add or subtract from the recipe till you have something truly unique, and VERY DELICIOUS!